Divinfood, partner of the “Cuisine durable” competition (Marcy l’Etoile, France)
Divinfood is a partner of the “Cusine durable” (“Sustainable Cuisine”) competition organised in France by the Fondation pour la Cuisine Durable By Olivier Ginon, alongside “Mes Producteurs Mes Cuisiniers”, the CRBA (Centre de Ressources de Botanique Appliquée), and Christian Têtedoie – President of the Maîtres Cuisiniers de France.
One aim of this cookery competition is to open up new ways of cooking the meat bean, a NUCs part of Divinfood’s research. The competition is divided into two parts: the first involves making a vegetarian dish for 10 people on the theme of “meat beans and Bresse chilli peppers”; the second involves a 30-minute oral presentation defending all the sustainable criteria used in the production (explanation of the origin of the products and the history of the dish, use of materials for accessories and conservation, transport of products, use of waste, optimisation of water and energy consumption, human management of the situation). The competition tests will take place on September 18 at the CFA de la Gastronomie in Marcy l’Etoile (France).
This competition defends a culinary practice whose principles are dear to Divinfood:
· Use of local seasonal produce, produced by the CRBA or local producers
· Zero waste: all waste will have to be processed in one way or another, tinned food, broth, sauce, etc.
· Respect for air quality: transport, sustainable agriculture, energy use.
· Virtuous containers: durable metal pan, no chemical elements go into the food.
· Preserving food in glass or stainless steel jars.
· Recycled or sustainable crockery.
· Reduced use of water and energy.
· Human management at the heart of the creative process.
This competition is open to all individuals aged between 21 and 30, working in the food service or commercial catering sector and holding a diploma relevant to their sector of activity. For more information or to register, click on this link :